or your past behind you.
Though I wrote about being attacked briefly yesterday. I felt like it was something I was pretty much over.
Yesterday I got a call from the Suncheon court house (which Minguk took for me). The day I was originally attacked they asked me to forgive the guy... and they were calling yesterday to ask me again to forgive him. "He can give you some money." they said. To be honest... getting some money out of the whole thing is tempting. Especially because his maximum punishment would be just 2 years probation. Also... I know it sounds stupid and I shouldn't feel this way... but he will have a criminal record now that could potentially ruin his life (he won't be able to get a lot of jobs and such) and I do feel a little guilty about that. However, the idea of forgiving him kinda went out the door when they said, "You have to meet him in person to forgive him." Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... screw that. I actually never, ever want to see him again. Are you surprised? Basically they called me super out of the blue and just sprung it all on me and expected me to just make a decision. It was a little upsetting because I hadn't really thought about it a lot since I got back from Japan.
After the phone call I headed out with Minguk to meet Tony, Ste, Mrs. Jang and Sam to look at a potential apartment for next year. It's pretty much exactly what we were hoping for... even more than we were hoping for! It's brand new, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, beautiful kitchen... like... a real apartment! The only problem will be filling it with furniture! (does anyone know where we can get cheap furniture?)
I also need to find myself a good part-time job...
Today is gonna be awesome... the weather is beautiful, I have the day off, I'm making cookies and going to an eid dinner party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment