Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gwangju and other things.

Last weekend we had a girls night in Gwangju. We hit the usual hot spots...

We started the night off right at Speakeasy... and certainly caused a commotion when we arrived. Apprently speakeasy wasn't used to so many ladies walking into the bar at one time, especially the hot Yeosu variety. Needless to say we were approached by many a drunken man looking to chat us up. Above are Lizzie, Grace and Tess... (it's sort of an unfortunate pic of Tess)

(Kerrie, Hazel and Rose)
(Tess, Hazel, Rose and Maedel)
"You're Ginny and you're Cho... and you're fighting over Harry whilst falling into a bottomless pit!"
Here starts the progression of drunkenness... I don't know what's going on here!
Dance party in the street! The music was so loud Julie and I started breaking it down outside!

Hmm... I'm not exactly dancing... but it looks like fun...
Oh drunk. Yes.

I had a lovely time with the ladies... drank enough powerade and took enough advil the next day to keep me feeling peachy.

In other far more serious news...

I found out that an old high school friend killed himself. Hearing that, and going back and reading his blog has really had me thinking a lot about life lately. In his blog he writes about what makes life worth living. In the end, he comes to the conclusion that love is what makes life worth living. Apparently and unfortunately love wasn't enough. Life is about learning and trying to better yourself as well as the lives of those around you. Life is about laughing and experiencing new places, people and adventures. Life is about appreciating the small things. And of course life is also about love. But what makes life worth living is different for everyone. Is killing yourself worth the pain you leave behind? Life is rarely bad enough to condone death.

Thank you for sharing so many laughs in German class... thank you for loaning me all your Calvin and Hobbs books, thank you for prank calling my 8th grade home room teacher, when you didn't even know him. Thanks for sharing a bit about your life on the bus that day. Dane I hope you're at peace, but I'll certainly miss you and all the potential I believe your life could have had.

-Lisa

2 comments:

  1. had a looksee here at your site. got your postcard, thanks! have you received the enveloped birthday package or the Valentine? well, they are coming. I have both the phone and the phone card but nowhere to plug in the phone, so that did not really help. I have been crappy and not calling anyone, though.

    I hope you are well ... looks like you're having lots of fun.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaylar,

    I haven't received a package or valentine from you yet... I am eagerly awaiting... it's always hard to tell with the mail how long it will take! Shall we just set up a phone date where I can call you?

    There's been fun, but also sadness and stress. Always try to stay on the optimistic side of things though.

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete