My blog has a new look, watchoo think?
The other day the northerners and I went for a meal with Katie, a person I rarely see, but love spending time with! Do you know people like that? You think they're great and you're always wishing you spent more time with them, but for some reason, you don't! Anyways we swapped a bunch of (horror) stories about our recent lives over a pork dinner (no, I haven't started calling it tea yet) and tiamo (great coffee shop).
Actually... we came across this bike which had clearly been knocked over by this car... whose owner (for some reason) decided not to pull forward and pick the bike back up. Couldn't pass up the picture op!
Some funny events from the past couple days:
- A lady, who must have thought I was Korean, stopped and asked for directions to building 106. I simply pointed behind her as she was standing right in front of those exact numbers painted onto the side of a building. Needless to say she was a bit embarrassed... but I have those moments all the time so I can sympathize.
- I asked a student what he was doing this weekend. His response: "As you know, Saturday is Valentines Day. This is a special day. I don't have girlfriend so I will go fishing by myself. That is what I do on special days. Sometimes with friends, but on special days, by myself."
- A student who used to be terrible is suddenly turning into a good student... it's amazing when that happens! The other day he told me very earnestly that I was a good teacher, which made me happy :)
Saturday is Valentines day. I'm doing a secret lovers gift exchange with some of the Yeosu girls, then who knows what. It's not something I dread this year though.
If you haven't yet... please check out my konglish blog!!!
-L.
lol... to everything.
ReplyDeleteEspecially your very intelligent-sounding student.
hehe. Yes... he's definitely one of my favorites. His english name is "bad boy" hahahaha!
ReplyDeleteon my "very special days" i like to go reading alone. but maybe i should try fishing?
ReplyDeleteI think reading is reasonable :) Though, I have been known to enjoy a bit of fishing in my past!
ReplyDeletegood job, good teacher. <3.
ReplyDeleteon Valentine's Day I stayed home sick, and single anyway ... is always significantly less crappy when NOT living with newlyweds. blech.
I got seriously hit on by a guy in his late thirties who loves hunting and has been in the military for 8 years. why??????
<3 to Lisa.
Ha! And who was your secret lover? Yeah, oh yeah! I freakin' rule all!!!! ... that is to say, I am a chance-to-write-friends-into-a-story whore!
ReplyDeleteHeehee, yay for your fishing student! When you can't get lovin', go fishin'! I should take this under advisement ...